Message from the CCED Executive Director – Garry Clark
On behalf of the Cuming County Board of Supervisors and the newly configured, Cuming County Economic Development Board (CCEDB), I would like to thank you for deciding to be a part of the Cuming County business community over the years. Without your business in the local community and county we would not be in the position we find ourselves in today. We are at a point in this county where we have the unique opportunity to provide a new level of support and service to businesses within Cuming County.
As you may be aware, the CCEDB has hired me to help make this new economic development effort a success for all the participating local communities, which includes: The Village of Bancroft, The Village of Beemer, The City of West Point, and The City of Wisner. All of these communities believe in an effort to ensure economic sustainability and social vitality for the business community as well as the local residents.
I would like to provide you with some insight on our new county-wide effort to sustain, support, and grow as a county. Here are a few of the services and programs we hope to provide to all businesses within the participating communities:
- Business consultation (expansion, job opening advertisement, transition planning, etc.)
- Business loan support (we will help you find what is available locally and state-wide)
- Creating a local and county-wide economic development strategic plan
- Creating a county economic development website to help promote and support the Cuming county businesses
- Completing a monthly business/property inventory update system
- Business plan training workshop (6 to 8 week course)
- Farmers/Ag Conference (in early 2011)
- Youth entrepreneur workshop and youth retention program
- County-wide marketing campaign
- Updating and supporting the publishing of the county industrial fact-book
- Business web video updates (free online commercial advertisement program)
Please feel free to contact me about any business issues or concerns. I am here to help and be a business liaison for all the participating areas. My office is located in the county courthouse in West Point, but I will have scheduled dates to be in your individual communities throughout each month. You may contact me at 402-380-3901.
Cuming County Economic Development